Tuesday, November 30, 2010

While I was in Morocco, I decided to try a service called couch surfing. The idea behind couch surfing is that people can offer to host travelers for free. There is a website, couchsurfing.org, and people have profiles and write comments about their stay with different people from all over the world. I decided this would give me a different perspective than just staying in a hostel the whole time...so I spent two days and one night with a man named Aziz. He drove me around Marrakech on the back of his moped and took me to a couple different cafés for mint tea. We came home and he taught me how to dance to traditional Gnawa music and modern Rai music. The above picture is me eating home made cous cous at his mother's house. It tasted great even with all the flies that kept landing on it.
Breakfast with Aziz on his coffee table. Bread, some cheese I had brought from Switzerland, and his attempt to make American coffee.

Aziz with his niece and nephew at his mother's house

1 comment: