Thursday, August 19, 2010

Orientation

Throughout the past couple days I’ve had the chance to get to know some more people here. I’m living in the Girodino residence hall which is essentially a pizzeria on the first floor and apartment style residences on the second floor. My room consists of two beds, two desks, two armoires, a mini fridge, small stove, sick, and a bathroom which I share with a room mate named Nick. Nick is from Connecticut and also played football in high school, was into theatre, enjoys writing, and is fairly laid back, so I got very lucky with my room mate placement. Our room opens up to a balcony that runs the entire length of the building, connecting with the four other rooms on our floor. We have chairs on the patio and in the morning you can go outside and watch the sunrise out there. All of the guys on my floor are really nice easy going guys. Two are from Naples, Italy, one is from Denver, CO and another is from Portland, OR.

The weather has been super hot and sticky the past couple days so being dragged through different orientation sessions has been a bit of a pain and makes for long days in the sun. I’m pretty excited for classes, but it seems that it will be a very busy time here. With 15 credits, needing to do a fair amount of cooking for myself, and trying to squeeze in some small trips, the semester looks like it will be jampacked. The dorm is already a mess and I’m headed to ikea tomorrow to pick up some cleaning/organizational supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment